Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Category:Rail transport timelines|
- 1854 – Opening of the Newport, Abergavenny & Hereford Railway.
- 1882 – Building northward from San Diego, California Southern Railroad tracks reach Fallbrook, California.
- 1893 – Introduction by Webb C. Ball of the General Railroad Timepiece Standards in North America. See Railroad chronometers
- 2002 – The Iowa Interstate Railroad operates its first unit coal train over the former Milwaukee Road mainline through Amana, Iowa.
- 2015 – The Northern Line of Sri Lanka Railways is reopened all the way past Jaffna to its terminus at the port of Kankesanthurai, following its destruction in the Sri Lankan Civil War.
- 1826 – Algernon S. Buford, president of the Richmond and Danville Railroad (d. 1911).
- 1836 – Fred T. Perris, Chief Engineer of the California Southern Railroad (d. 1916).
- 1830 – Henry Morrison Flagler, visionary and builder of the Florida East Coast Railway (d. 1913).
- Duke, Donald & Kistler, Stan (1963). Santa Fe ...Steel Rails Through California. San Marino, California: Golden West Books. p. 27. ISBN 0-87095-009-6.
- Balachandran, P. K. (3 January 2015). "Busy Rajapaksa Skips Maiden Run on India-built Jaffna Track". The New Indian Express.
- Pradeep, Chaturanga (2 January 2015). "Yal Devi to KKS from today". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka).
- Serpico, Philip C. (1988). Santa Fé Route to the Pacific. Palmdale, California: Omni Publications. pp. 18–24. ISBN 0-88418-000-X.
- City of Perris, California. "A Brief History of the Perris Valley". Retrieved July 9, 2006.