Kenneth Morris (author)
Kenneth Morris, 1920s.
|Born||31 July 1879|
|Died||21 April 1937(aged 57)|
Kenneth Vennor Morris (31 July 1879 – 21 April 1937), sometimes using the Welsh form of his name Cenydd Morus, was a Welsh author and theosophist. Born in South Wales, he moved to London with his family as a child, and was educated at Christ's Hospital. In 1896 he lived in Dublin for a while, where he became friends with George William Russell. From 1908 to 1930 Morris lived in California as a member of staff of the Theosophical Society headquarters at Point Loma. The last seven years of his life were spent back in his native Wales, during which time he founded seven Welsh theosophical lodges. Morris was a friend of Talbot Mundy, and the two writers often commentated on each other's work in The Theosophical Path magazine.
- The Fates of the Princes of Dyfed (1914)
- The Secret Mountain and Other Tales (1926)
- Book of the Three Dragons (1930)
- The Chalchiuhite Dragon: A Tale of Toltec Times (1992)
- The Dragon Path: Collected Tales of Kenneth Morris (1995)
- White, Donna R. A Century of Welsh Myth in Children's Literature, 1998 (p. 151).
- Boyer, Robert and Zahorski, Kenneth. Visions and Imaginings: Classic Fantasy Fiction, Academy Chicago Publishers, 1992.
- Taves, Brian. Talbot Mundy: Philosopher of Adventure McFarland, 2006 (p.137).
- Le Guin, Ursula. The Language of the Night:Essays on Science Fiction and Fantasy. Ultramarine Publishing, 1980 (p.88).
- Anderson, Douglas A. (1992). "Afterword". In Kenneth Morris, The Chalchiuhite Dragon. Theosophical University Press. ISBN 1-55700-160-X. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- Anderson, Douglas A. (February/March 1992). "The Coming of the God", Sunrise.
- Anderson, Douglas A. (February/March 2005). "Book Review: Book of the Three Dragons ", Sunrise.
- McCaffery, R.J. (Spring 2000). "Kenneth Morris (1879-1937)", Eye Dialect (Issue Two). Archived 15 July 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- Kenneth Morris at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Kenneth Morris at Library of Congress Authorities, with 10 catalogue records
- Works by Kenneth Morris at Project Gutenberg
- The Fates of the Princes of Dyfed, online edition
- The Chalchiuhite Dragon:A Tale of Toltec Times, online edition
- Short stories, a play, and book excerpts. Archived 15 July 2006 at the Wayback Machine
|This article about a Welsh writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This fantasy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|