Clayton railway station, Melbourne
|PTV commuter and regional rail station|
|Location||274 Clayton Road|
Clayton, Victoria 3168
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||20.51 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Connections||6 bus routes|
|Bicycle facilities||12 racks|
|Status||Operational, premium station|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||6 January 1880|
|Rebuilt||16 April 2018 (Level Crossing Removal Project)|
|Electrified||1500 V DC overhead|
|2009–2010||1.749 million 1.69%|
|2010–2011||1.712 million 2.12%|
|2011–2012||1.721 million 0.53%|
|2013–2014||1.495 million 13.13%|
|Official name||Clayton Railway Station|
|Criteria||C, D, E|
|Designated||20 August 1982|
Clayton railway station is a railway station on the Gippsland line in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern suburb of Clayton, opening on 6 January 1880 as Clayton's Road, being renamed Clayton on 6 July 1891. It became a premium station in 1998.
The rebuilt station was opened in April 2018. It is above ground along one of the three sections of elevated rail that was built along the Pakenham-Crossing line to replace the level crossings as part of the Victorian Level Crossing Removal projects. The station is accessible by escalator, lift and stairs.
Platforms & services
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Cranbourne line: all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Southern Cross
- Pakenham line: all stations and limited express services to Pakenham
- Cranbourne line: all stations services to Cranbourne
- Gippsland line: V/Line services to Traralgon, Sale (once on Sunday mornings) and Bairnsdale (Once a day towards Bairnsdale, Mon-Fri)
Ventura Bus Lines operate six routes via Clayton station:
- 631: Westfield Southland – Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre
- 703: SmartBus Middle Brighton station – Blackburn station
- 704: Oakleigh station to Westall 
- 733: to Box Hill Central Shopping Centre
- 821: to Westfield Southland 
- 824: Moorabbin station – Parkmore Shopping Centre
- "Clayton Railway Station". Victorian Heritage Database. Government of Victoria. Archived from the original on 14 May 2018. Retrieved 21 April 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Train Station Patronage FY2008-2014". Public Transport Victoria. 14 May 2015. Archived from the original (XLS) on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) (access from  Archived 3 November 2016 at the Wayback Machine)
- Clayton Vicsig
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- Massive rail investment to benefit millions of Victorians Archived 16 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine Premier of Victoria 6 March 2014
- "Clayton Station opens as two level crossings removed". Level Crossing Removal Authority. Victorian Government. Retrieved 4 May 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Pakenham Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Cranbourne Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- Traralgon – Melbourne Public Transport Victoria
- "631 Southland - Waverley Gardens via Clayton & Monash University". Public Transport Victoria.
- "703 Middle Brighton - Blackburn via Bentleigh & Clayton & Monash University". Public Transport Victoria.
- "704 Oakleigh Station - Westall Station via Clayton". Public Transport Victoria.
- "733 Oakleigh - Box Hill via Clayton & Monash University & Mt Waverley". Public Transport Victoria.
- "821 Southland - Clayton via Heatherton". Public Transport Victoria.
- "824 Moorabbin - Keysborough via Clayton & Westall". Public Transport Victoria.