Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
- Wikipedia:Policy Library
- Wikipedia:Cite your sources
- Wikipedia:Conflict resolution
- Wikipedia:Brilliant prose
- Wikipedia:Pages needing attention
- Wikipedia:Peer review
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
- Wikipedia:Village pump
- Wikipedia:Boilerplate text
Feel free to ask me anything the links and talk pages don't answer. You can most easily reach me by posting on my talk page.
You can sign your name on any page by typing 4 tildes, likes this: ~~~~.
Best of luck, and have fun!