Wikipedia talk:Requests for comment/Reithy
Jerde: Reithy's personal attacks and talk page behavior are minor in comparison to his vandalism and reverting. If you really have no problem with his edits, I think you need to take another look. Look where he inserted false information such as "Pablo Escobar" and "Richard Nixon" as founders of the Libertarian Party, or where he changed the "History" section to "A History of Obscurity and Irrelevance." Rhobite 04:54, Oct 13, 2004 (UTC)
Reithy continues to vandalize Libertarian Party articles, and to list members of the party on Votes for deletion as "vanity". I have no particular interest in the articles per se, so far as I know I've never even read them, let alone edit them, but Reithy's behavior is unacceptable. RickK 23:47, Oct 13, 2004 (UTC)
"For my initial and subsequent efforts to write a more balanced article, I make no apology and will persist in making the article more balanced."
- I would just like to point out that Reithy's initial effort to "write a more balanced article" was . RadicalSubversiv E 17:10, 14 Oct 2004 (UTC)
I belive that User:Chuckschneider User:Schweppes42 and more then likely User:126.96.36.199 and user:Guido1970 are also Reithy... as soon as reithy stops editing thoese first two take up the fight for his previous edits(schewppes, then scheweppes stop and chuck, then chuck stops and 144, then 144 becomes guido). all of them editing a contenious article right from the start that Reithy was vandazling, and all of them talking like Reithy talked in terms of his edits. Can an admin please compare ip's and check this?
- Just adding in User:Luke Wilson to this list, a new account created just after Guideo1970 ceased activity that came on to Michael Badnarik and General Motors making the excat same edits that Reithy/Guido did, with the excat same reasonings and saying the excat same things in talk about anymonous users as his other persons had previously said. Is it even within wikipedia rules to create this many different account
- This seems quite likely. However, it's worth pointing out that the author of the above is the IP for User:Chuck F, who himself is the target of an RFC for edit warring. He's persistently mixed it up with Reithy/Chuck/Schweppes/etc., but has also reverted perfectly good edits from non-vandals (including myself) while offering little explanation and ignoring comments on talk (see the edit history for United States Libertarian Party and Ron Paul). RadicalSubversiv E 17:34, 16 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- It certainly does seem quite likely and is scandalous. ChuckF whose own request for comment page details reversions, POV and a failure to embrace the true value of libertarian thought is clearly in league with Reithy and various other identities who have come to be known as sockpuppets. ChuckF who has adopted more new IP addresses than a German in the 1950's with a Bolivian passport is going through a phase and needs to come to terms with Reithy and sock puppets. Neither Reithy nor ChuckF should be involved in editing the Ron Paul article or other articles they have a strong view about. Go and edit something else, otherwise you'll both go mad. Oh, too late. ReithySockPuppet 22:39, 17 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Are we going to bring this to arbitration? Protection can only last so long. Mediation won't help in this case. So what's the next step to resolving this so we can get on with business? Johnleemk | Talk 07:20, 19 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- It would help if we could get official confirmation that all these accounts that have sprung up are in fact the same IP address as Reithy. If this went to arbitration, I'd prefer the case involve both Reithy and Chuck. While Reithy's original contributions were way beyond the pale, I think they both bear plenty of the responsibility for the latest bouts of edit warring. RadicalSubversiv E 07:27, 19 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Whether or not the sockpuppets are the original Reithy, they have been trolling Chuck and we need an official ruling on what to do about them. Rhobite 13:27, Oct 19, 2004 (UTC)